Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bus Terminal


Is it me or is it Shinjuku????

I have a nightmare every time and today was no exception.

Why should it be?

Shinjuku is a maze of buildings, taller than you can imagine, especially when you are standing beneath them. It is these buildings that somehow conceal my departure spot for the night. Sure, I had a map, a nicely presented map too, but for some reason, I didn't spot where it was I should be.

Of course, with hindsight, it is clear, and a big red star marks the spot, but I still cannot understand why there is a big line taking me from the station to a location behind the Keio Plaza hotel.

So, having caught up with some long time no see friends for a really quick hot choco, we went on a mini tour of the west wide of Shinjuku, making it miraculously back to near the station where my bus would leave from.

And thus begins my journey to the north.

My bus is busy and I find comfort in this. I have enough leg room to kick out and my seat leans back. Oh, and I have a blanket, although in these spring temperatures, I realise that I have definitely overdone it on the layers.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment