Friday, April 1, 2011

Quick post

Just a quick post.

I woke up v v early today, but that is no excuse for me to say I am tired, given my company.

I am with the animal rescue teams in Niigata. We are heading out tomorrow for some rescue missions as well as giving out food etc.

These guys have been hard at it since the quake. They only got back from a gruelling overnight trip just a few hours before I arrived today. They had been to Iwate to see some shelters and follow up some leads on lost cats.

So, although it is v v late and we must get up v v early again, I wanted to quickly blog my day.

The day was simple. Given the exhaustion amongst the team, rest was on the cards along with logistics. Who can and will go where.

Plans are in place, and ever changing too for tomorrow!

Today we focused on driving out to Animal Friends, a rescue centre in the middle of beautiful nowhere here in Niigata.

The dogs and cats there are plenty, so take your pick!

My favourite? A huggable, adorable corgi. He might have been mellow today, but when they brought him in, he had an aggressive nature, surely brought on by pure fear. He had been floating on a piece of a roof for 3 days! Poor bugger. I love him!

As cute as he is, he is a simple reminder of what is out there and what I may have to deal with on this little adventure.

More tomorrow.

Goodnight.

By the way...

www.jears.org

Please show your support! XXX



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:2丁目,Niigata,Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment