Thursday, March 15, 2012

6 years in Japan!!!!

Wow - just reached my Japan-iversary...#groan#

BUtttttt, it is always exciting to recall how long I have been here because I left the UK with the plan to check out Japan and be back in a year (and collect my turtle!!). And, here I still am, sans turtle (RIP T.T) but with hubby, dog, hamster and SOOooooo much fun wrapped up in a big ball of memories.

Sure, it has been an emotional journwy what with recent events, but I would not change Japan for anything else. Not yet, anyway.

I have learnt to snowboard, I study Japanese - whether I can speak it is debatable. I am learning Taiko and I love origami and almost refuse to leave the house without my lunch looking 'kawaii'.

A furoshiki does the amazing job of making a regular tupperware pot seem exciting!



I have (re) developed a crazy kitty obsession with possession ranging from hundred (yes) of hand towels with pictures of Hello Kitty dressed for each region, town etc...Chopsticks, socks, computer cleaners, stickers, ear muffs (modelled by one of my students!), a chair, slippers, bags and just regular toys, but the toys don't last long when Elbi is around!



















It has been an adventure to say the least; I have explored some long-dreamt-of Asian countries and hidden places, not least Indonesia. I have taken a new path of life, not just down the teaching road (absolutely LOVE kindergarten work) but, also developed a deep interest in the environment around us and am furthering my studies in that field too.

When I left England, I had a suitcase that had far too many clothes in and had to be sent back; I cried more than buckets for I thought my life was over...Really, it was just beginning!! Woo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment