Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Au naturel

So, I had to update the little note book I had for writing down my ideas. Actually, Elbi devoured it, but in hindsight it was far too small.
Olive oil page

Home made body scrubs page

reusing coffee grounds

This self-sufficiency / natural turn in our lives takes a lot of time, (even if not a lot of ingredients!) and my book needed the upgrade.

Top favourites for the house and avoiding palm oil as well as many chemicals include, olive oil, vinegar, lemons and bicarbonate of soda and that is one house cleaned, refreshed and ready for action! There is a lot to learn and remember, but writing it all done helps!

It does take time to prepare things...if only I could eliminate the days I have to work....

This morning, I actually tried to make air freshener - just lemon juice, water, bicarbonate of soda and some nice smelly oils. It's really watery when you spray, but, it's great!!

I also have some lemon zest soaking in vodka - that too will make an air freshener in just a few days...or just lemon vodka....!!!

Left - green tea, vinegar, tea tree oil toner
Right - Olive oil
Centre - Lush hair cream/conditioner
Oh, and I have given up making my own shampoo...it was too tricky for someone in a hurry. I decided to stick to all things Lush. They are even eliminating palm oil from their products, so you know it's a company you can rely on! Must not forget the fact that it smells divine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment