Thursday, October 27, 2011

Persimmon Jam

I did it!

I made jam and didn't burn my fingers!!

It was so yummy...still is! It's more of a compote than sugary, sticky jam.

On yoghurt, on bread...it's alllllll gooooooood!

So happy with my first real cooking success!!!

(flavoured with lemon juice, lemon zest and a little bit of cinammon!)

How to make this YUM!

1) Peel, pip & pulp the fruit. (this is time consuming. Easy way is to slice the top and cut in half. De-pip , then throw in blender.)

2) I used 2/3 sugar to the amount of persimmon pulp. Simmer and cook in pot (should be a jam pot, but I don't have one).

If you like, add cinnamon, nutmeg or any spice you choose.

3) After about 15mins, add some lemon zest and fresh lemon juice.

Don't forget to sterilise the jar before add your yummy jam!

1 comment: