Saturday, September 24, 2011

Frogs, blogs and flowery logs.

I haven't written here for a long time now. But, in any case -welcome to Autumn!
I have been working so hard these past couple of weeks, not just at work, but at home too. I have been trying to organise my writing and fill my facebook page   page as well as my other blogs.

Writing is such hard work suddenly when you actually want to and have to get things done, but it is hard work I enjoy.

We are in the middle of yet another bank holiday here in Japan, so I have been lucky enough to be able to get some work done. Today, however, I took some much needed time out to look after the garden. I think the feng shui there is as important as the feng shui in the house.

Some indoor plants. They needed re-potting and love.

Sanservia - A cute indoor leaf plant


Sanservia - A cute indoor leaf plant

This is a great pot. A friend gave it too with ivy in.
I have moved the ivy to a window basket to revive it and
in the meantime put bright greens and flowers in this pot.

I don't know the name of this flower, but it is everywhere these days. Pinks and whites and they grow. I just moved these back to the big pot because the typhoon battered them in the window basket.

The ivy and the 'pot luck' are growing great! The flowers come out when the sun is out.
I weeded lots and lots and re-potted many plants. We shall see how they all turn out, but hopefully they can flourish and keep looking pretty.


I still have my sunflower plant, now it's bigger than me....much bigger! Sadly, there is still no flower. I am still hopeful.....

Along the way, I have come across many frogs that still inhabit our garden. They always make me smile and this time, they are not just bright green, but spotty too.

On the mosquito net, pre-typhoon

Still lurking on the net post-typhoon

Dark frog guarding the pot

Spotty green

Perched on the chair

Hiding in my pot!

2 comments:

  1. Cool!! what a variety you guys have. Are any poisonous? Does the Elbster meet up with them at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One frog 'broke into' the house last night!! Elbi sniffed at him and I think he would have played with him (in his mouth) had he caught up with him! Thankfully, froggie was released unharmed!

    ReplyDelete