Thursday, September 15, 2011

In season?

Right now, I hate Japan...lol

The weather is still scorching. There hasn't been a day under 30 yet and I am melting.

Don't get me wrong, I love the sun, but, being back at work means that I should probably dress at least a little bit conservatively. That said, i have a uniform of a T-shirt (it's simply delightful), so, whatever I do wear gets covered anyway.

I shouldn't really complain. I mean, rocking up to work in surf shorts and vests is hardly problematic, is it?

But, my gripe is that, today, I put a strappy summer dress on and suddenly felt wrong, even though, I know I could catch the rays as I cycle. Yet, somehow a bare back felt uncalled for what with the Autumn equinox almost upon us.

Just yesterday, my husband and I were talking about Japan and it's seasons. Maybe this was at the back of my mind.

You see, in Japan, even if May is sunny and warm, or rainy and groggy, there is no air conditioning on the trains because it is not yet summer. Just like in Autumn, you will see people wearing coats, not because it is cold, but because it is Autumn - of course!

This year has been one of the hottest yet and I will seriously worry for anyone with any unnecessary layers after the start of official Autumn next week.

So, while I long for a cool breeze, I love that I can still trot off to work in my birkies, shorts and vests. Am happy to wait for true summer to wear that dress again!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:In season?

No comments:

Post a Comment