Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sunflower 2012

So, last summer, I managed to watch my sunflowers grow and grow but not flower. (See this picture - The flower-less Sunflower)

I am determined to not let it happen again.

I bought a couple of packets of small seeds from the wacky shop up the road, then, remembering that I have hoards of seeds for Mimi, our hamster, I took her dinner and planted it!

It rained all day yesterday so I haven't been looking after the plants so much, but I took a peek today and was soooo excited to see that some of the seeds have sprouted or are in the middle of actually sprouting!! I think I a excited as a child would or should be! But, it's my first time at starting from scratch, so I am allowed.

Sprouting & sprouted.

There is another pot too, so hopefully this summer, we will be living in a jungle once again!



No comments:

Post a Comment