Friday, November 11, 2011

Land for Kalaweit / Nano

Ian is back today! So happy!

He had to go to UK for family matters, but I have just checked and his flight has landed. Thankfully BA didn't fail us.

Nano is well under-way - Day 12. I am behind, but progressively so, so I am not worried. Currently at 14,000 words with 3 strong characters, good story lines and a mission as well. I have decided to make this book available for sale with all the proceeds to go to Kalaweit.

You see, the story is about three friends, but, without telling you too much at this early stage, one is fighting for the rainforests of Indonesia.

Right now, Kalaweit is trying to secure more land in Sumatra in order to protect the forests. If we can raise the money, we can buy the land. If the land is protected, the animals have a home.

It's an ultimate dream to be able to do something like this, so, I must focus, I must write, and I must figure out how to get this money!

Any fundraising ideas also welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment