Monday, November 7, 2011

Periwinkle

I have learnt a few things today and this particular fact is one I must quickly blog lest I forget.

Nichinichi sou (日々草 or Periwinkle (catharanthus roseus) is the flower I have mentioned a fair few times here.

This was before I put them in a window basket.
They are now back in the big bucket with a few flowers reappearing!
I bought another one the other day for 100yen, now I know why. It is a summer flower, and will soon die. but, not fear there, because, I was given some and killed them a little while re-potting them and that what a few months ago. They are sturdy enough to last a little longer, I am sure.
Can you see? Middle right..no flowers just yet...
So, my mystery has finally been solved. I know the name (all I needed to do was ask!)

And, hopefully the seeds will fall and the flowers shall return next summer too!

It's the little things like this that make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment