Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Susie

I have never fostered before.

They say that fostering is harder than adoption because you cannot keep the animal(s). I can see this to be very true indeed.

One week on from Susie arriving and I love her immensely already. We have had set backs this week from various outside factors, but that has not stopped us having fun with her. I would easily say that this will be a difficult goodbye and not without tears.










This morning was hectic, I walked Susie, then tried to walk Elbi, but each time (total of three!), Susie was barking in the garden. I had to return as it was before 7am and I worried about the neighbours.

I decided to take them both out, a job that should be reserved for the after work part of the day. By half past 8, I reached the train station to begin my working day and I was shattered, not to mention starving!

But, coming home to Susie and her hugs...well, it was all worth it! She jumped in my lap and I tickled her curly-haired neck for ages. She just loves the love.

Even Elbi behaved, well, for a short while.

The thing with Susie is that she needs to know you are there. So, even now, as she must stay outside (thankfully no typhoons!), I am sat by the back door, so she knows I am near.

She whimpers when she can't see you and that whimper can easily become a bark, nay, a howl at one point!

I find it hard to leave animals when they make noses, make eyes, anything. I can't stand the separation. It breaks my heart even to know that, right now, poor Susie is sat alone in the kennel. I am thankful there is no rain and no winds to add to the lonely trauma of outside life.

Elbi suddenly loves the kennel!








I still cannot understand why you would have a pet but not actually interact with it. Animals left in kennels, it is too lonely.

Anyway, Susie is a grand dog, full of love, full of strength and desire to run the open road. I love her! She is so much fun to walk. She follows her nose, something that Elbi is copying! She runs through hedges, puddles, she doesn't care where! She just loves being outside and on the move.

Elbi and her get along to a point. He is still to genki but he just wants to play. She doesn't mind him so much, but gets a little miffed when he over sniffs her crotch!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location:Kasukabe,Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment