Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sun, Fun & Flowers


Man, it is hot today.

32/33 degrees with the humidity level varying from 70-90%.

So, it would be quite fitting that we choose today to start decking out the garden!

The delivery came today, so we have decking panels, stands that will look reeeeeeeeeally good when we can be bothered to make them and heaps of soil, but somehow not (never) enough.

As I popped my head outside, I was surprised to see my HIBISCUS already flowering. It was not like that yesterday! Happy cheers for Lee!!!

Such a lovely flower!
What made me giggle then, was our lovely neighbour, who seems to take an interest in our interest of 'the garden'. Within a few words, she was uprooting her Shiso (PERILLA) and planting in amongst our basil.
 Incidentally, she had no idea why we would want to cultivate basil. Intriguing as I had no idea why we would want Shiso...until I moved to Japan, that is. I am not a huge fan of the leaf, but I don't mind it in tempura batter.

To end with, I have to say that I found another kemushi!!! He looks like an evil beggar, his tail lifting up slightly and yes, he looks like he wants to sting you. He escaped my trap, though, so I have to hope that he doesn't attack my pears again

No comments:

Post a Comment