Wednesday, August 17, 2011

(My) Tohoku update

Being back from holiday is great. feeling so ready and refreshed to do so much.As I wrote before, there was to be one promise and that was 'my pace'.Sadly, this pace includes the financial path as well as the mental one.

If I could have it my way, I would be back now to help this weekend. But, such things are not possible.

Work, Elbi, many personal projects (work related) and then some visitors too, all stop me from dropping things and going up north.

So many people are helping and this is great.

We have a plan to go up (my husband and I together) once again in October. There is a long weekend, and we can devote more time to the work needed.

In the meantime, there is still plently to be done from Saitama. JEARS is still running strong and we must update the facebook page almost daily. The animals are all being cared for by amazing people who still need our support.

Sadly, Susie had to return to the shelter she came from. Having two dogs completely opposite to each other was difficult. She needed walking at 5am, Elbi just wanted to muck around. He never accepted her, she never responded to his play requests and subsequently hit back one time damaging his eyes (now recovered - phew).

The shelter is is at, is HEART, Tokushima. I have mentioned it before (one of the 3 JEARS shelters). We promised to go down and help at the shelter, but I just checked the flights down there and it isn't cheap, so we may have to wait until we have a longer break in order to use the time more wisely.

In the meantime, we are still collecting donations
and you can read about all the updates on our facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment