Monday, May 30, 2011

Get out my way!!!!!

What follows is not a rant, surprise, surprise.

Here is a little list of the things (read 'creatures'!) that I have seen on my travels here in Kasukabe.

Amongst all the madness, we are still adapting to the countryside life and i marvel at the beauties I see each day.

Walking the dog (read 'dogs'), there have been a few things that you certainly would never find on your travels elsewhere.

If you walk at dusk, you witness an amazing sunset, but, if you leave the house a little later, you may miss it, but you won't miss the mystery the darkness brings.

The little frogs may jump ahead of you, moving from field to field. Sometimes they are camouflaged and match the colour of the road. Other times, they are a stunning green. I believe I posted a picture of them already. Either way, Elbi is bound to spot them and chase after them!

This weekend, on a walk with Susie, there was a duck up ahead waddling along. Sensing our approach, he flew into the filed itself. We often see ducks together, sometimes in pairs sitting in the rice fields. It is a cute sight. This one is just a loner enjoying the sunset...


On Sunday, Ian and I were surprised to see a turtle on the road. I'm not sure where he was headed as it looked like he was leaving the lake and the wet life behind him, but we let him be and dragged Elbi away.

This morning, out with Susie, there were the remains of a crab, yes, crab. I didn't even double take, I stopped, looked down and stared hard. All that remained was a pincer, just the one and a small part of the body shell. The lake was about a two minute human walk away, so a fair feat for the sideways-walking creature, only to be had for a late supper by a devilishly hungry crow no doubt.

Seeing so much nature around you is great. You really do stop to appreciate it. It's like being on holiday, although today isn't anymore. They typhoon/tropical storm/ heavy winds and rain have set in for the night. It doesn't sound pleasant at all outside. It does make me wonder what will wash up in the storm tomorrow....







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Kasukabe,Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment