Friday, May 20, 2011

Pulling teeth

So, we went to the pet store yesterday and there is no sign of my donations notice anywhere.

It is so tiring. There is either red tape preventing me from getting the message across or there is the general notion that I am a foreigner with a flyer and that is all.

The post office near our house told me to come back another day when a more senior member could authorise me putting up the notice. It is just frustrating, there is space on the board and it is causing no harm.

More annoyingly so, this is a gesture so small that is helping the country in something so big.

The notice basically explains about JEARS and says that if you want to donate, here is the Sendai address or, if you want to give locally in Saitama, just call me, Lee.

It is not a rude, demanding nor forceful notice at all. I just cannot comprehend why no one will accept it.

One supermarket said a flat 'no'.

I need to adjust the techniques. One friend has suggested approaching vets at their clinics with a phot album and asking for a donation box to be put in their clinic. Sound good, right?

But, I know of just one clinic in this area....

Still, there are some more shops and people I can approach.

Next week is our food drive, where friends will come and visit us and bring something to contribute for the animals.

I even had the mother of two kids, (not even my students, such is the generosity) offer me big bag of food and snacks at school.

I now need to transport the +6kg bag home!

Basically, I want to return to Tohoku in a few weeks. I want to see Namiko San and her dog too and I want to be able to actually contribute more to the endless need for food and supplies.

Right now, I have to mail a girl about cat supplies!

Let the collection begin!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Kasukabe,Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment