Monday, May 23, 2011

People, Priorities

Everyone has their own agenda. It doesn't mean that people are selfish per se, but it does make many more inward-looking than others.

We all have our own little bubble to live in, whether it is one with the family, young and old, or one alone, independently surviving the world we live in.

Whatever the situation, it takes a lot for someone to step out of this bubble.

When it comes to helping others, we need to be in a position to actually offer the help, as well as actually care to give it.

A wake up call to assistance, might be direct involvement in a tragedy, experience of being a victim, or quite simply, watching a news item.

Whatever it may be, it takes heart, soul and determination to want to help and support a cause.

In the past, I have been in grandiose performances at various theatres in London where it was all about the glitz and glamour of the event rather than the charity the event was supporting. However, these bashes, do make so much money for needy causes, even if they do display the latest trends and fashions in the process.

One particular performance we did was attended by Princess Ann for Children in Need. I still remember her words ''One doesn't have to like children to work with them.''

What a kick in the face. So many groups of children from stage schools and dance schools had been belting out songs all day long at the huge Royal Albert Hall, not to mention the children we were singing for!

I am not sure why she would have even said that in the first place.

You do need to care, or else how can you support the cause properly?

Everyone has their own agenda.

For me, it's animals. It haas always been animals, since I was young ( I didn't have the choice when I was at dance school). Whether it is gibbons in the rainforest or cats on the street, I feel for them.

Put those animals in the country I adore so much after a dreadful tragedy and I feel I must help.

What I can do is small, but so many small things together make for a big dose of love.

I am so grateful to so many people helping me personally and also helping the causes I support.

Check out these groups on facebook. If you are in Japan and want to help, get in touch!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIRECT-HELP-for-victims-and-animals-REJECTED-from-shelters-in-JAPAN/185436641502603

((http://www.silvervine.net/volunteer.html))

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalRescueJapan

((www.jears.org))

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-HEAL-Japan/163723737018466
((http://www.teamheal.jp/))

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad




No comments:

Post a Comment