Monday, March 14, 2011

0952 and the power is out.

I managed to speak to someone at the immigration office. Sadly, there is mo choice but to go in. They have a skeleton staffing system. Millions are still trying to get to work despite a limited train system and slowly, very slowly, they are succeeding.

Immigration is always pretty hellish, even in the smaller offices. He told me that there are many people, few staff, and it might take time. The most important thing is that I get my passport stamped, Ian too, although his deadline is next week.

I want to say that this should be a lesson in leaving things to the last minute, but actually, we did try and an earthquake struck. The only thing is that I just fear a repeat.

More later xxx

1015, big earthquake. I was in the garden with Elbi; he freaked and I just saw the trees moving. He ran in too fast for me to try and get him. Ian was upstairs. It was big, but it felt gentle. Can that be? A safe earthquake?

Of course, we cannot check the intensity, but I will try and remember to do so later.

Going to take Elbs for a nice walk around then lake now. Amongst all this, the weather is simply fabulous, warm spring like days, with glorious sunshine.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment