Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Well, I haven't really spent that much time down south, so I guess this is a great chance.

Having woken up to a whole heap of negativity, all of which has come from abroad, might I add, we have, against our better judgement, decided to leave Saitama.

We are sure of things being fine, if not now, then, in the long run, but there is so much worry, fear and stress that it is starting to spread to us.

As soon as we left the house, we could see the normality around us; trains were delayed, but were running, people were still going about their daily business.

The more normality we saw, the more annoyed we were with what we were doing. If no one else seems to be bothered, then why should we?

We still aren't, but, I will be glad to reach Nagoya and then we can decide where to head from there.

Hitting Tokyo station was disturbing, mind. As we got off the yamanote train, some stupid lady decided to tell me that my dog bag was inappropriate for travel on public transport. You see, usually, the dog's face must be covered, but Elbi hates that and so do we.

Her timing was inconsiderately impeccable. I could have got so angry with her, but I felt the urgency in the air as more people with suitcases emerged. It seems that there many people heeding the rash advice of scaremongers. Either way, it put me on edge, especially with what the lady said.

I checked with the guard that I could buy a dog ticket on the train, but he misunderstood me-!: He told me the tickets were sold out and I lost it. Thankfully, he was talking about the people tickets! Having just forked out 30 000 for comfy seats, you don't want to hear that you can't have them!

We are almost in Nagoya. I can't wait to just relax and get my head into gear. We were supposed to be on holiday at this time anyway, which at least affords us this time of contemplation.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location:On the train to Nagoya

No comments:

Post a Comment