Sunday, March 13, 2011

The siren sounded just a bit before, scaring the complete shit out of me.

We are fortunate enough to have a warning alarm system just next to our house, but I am now a little on edge. Little Elbi came running into the room, looking very perturbed, but as I held him and waited for a shake, nothing happened at all.

I was chatting with a friend online in Tokyo and he felt a wobble. It's weird, isn't it, how it al works. It was a 3 on the shindo scale and it came from Chiba. But, thankfully, nothing here.

I really hope we don't have to hear that sound again, at least not here. It is so thick and heavy and gives you an unnecessary sense of fear and doom.

We have space to run to, we are on solid ground and we are prepared.

I hope people will be OK.

There seems to be mass hysteria out there, which unfortunately I am witnessing first hand from my mother. The British media in particular is not helping. Reports have been exaggerated and made to sound worse.

The Japanese rescue team are doing a great job and now, with the kind help of many, more can be saved. There have been 12000 rescues already, I believe. Friends are starting to get electricity back on in Sendai city centre. There really is hope.

Japan is an awesome country. We will pull through this.

Going to sleep now.

Tomorrow, we will have a power cut from around 9am for 3 hours. Then, we have to venture back out to the stupid immigration office (where we were on Friday when the quake hit).

I'm not looking forward to it, but it has to be done as my visa expires on Wednesday.

Thinking of those in Miyagi and Iwate. Love..xxx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Kasukabe,Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment