Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blubby day...

It has hit home or maybe it hasn't because it does feel like a hazy dream come nightmare. Surely this is not real and we will wake up with none of this having happened? No.

Seeing all the wreckage on TV knocked me. Seeing dogs who had survived made me bawl and then just with the reality of it all, I lost it. Reading more stories of woe, even wonderful resilience, all made me blub. It is hard to hear, to see, let alone to experience.

Groups of students gathered outside SMBC banks ( i believe the red cross have a bank account here...) and some department stores collecting money. Their efforts and words made me cry.

I feel lost and stranded and want to go home. Seeing Elbi made me cry and made me miss our lovely home vibe even more.

Walking around Nagoya with red, puffy eyes was no fun, I tell you!

We have bought some face masks and tonight will relax. We need our strength to help ourselves, so that we in turn can help all our friends.

We have more ideas coming to our frazzled brains. I hope they keep coming.

For now, we shall stay put, but in the light of everything, as much as it pains me to say it, we might be more use back in England raising awareness and raising money.

My ideal situation would be that this is all resolved and then we head to UK for a week to collect cash. I don't want to have to go as an 'evacuee', which apparently, we already are...

But,we might have to vacate quickly, who knows...

It's a shame the airlines are trying to cash in on this...the bastards...

Today's news hasn't been great at all. The Telegraph are reporting that we have 48 hours before a type Chernobyl disaster. But, according to nuclear experts, that is impossible, given the way the plants are resigned, so what are we to believe?

One of my friends in the north was telling me a story about a lady at work in a department store on the coast. She managed to run to the third floor at the time of the tsunami. She survived, but the floors below were destroyed. And, as she walked home, she had to tread over many dead bodies.

Tomorrow, we will see our friends here. I think talking with them and being with them will help a lot. So far it has been phone covert ions only and I miss the physical presence of my dear friends here.

Am still sure things will be fine.

We need to say prayers for the Fukushima fifty, for the astounding efforts and their remarkable strength. We must respect their work and understand that they are truly honourable people, putting their lives at risk for a nation I turmoil. To those who have died during the explosions,words honestly fail me and my tears are not enough. Sorry.

Here are some donation links. Please consider sending some money.

Web site
http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/index.html

Japan/Earthquake Donation
http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/relief/l4/Vcms4_00002070.html


Thank you. Xxxxx



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment