Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sitting....Waiting....

There is nothing we can do and I think I am obsessing with the news coverage.

I am sure my friends in Sendai are mostly fine. But we know of people in Ishinomaki, a coastal town....

The coastal towns didn't stand much of a chance. Already 10,000 are missing...The stories are just horrific.

It's past 2am and we should try and sleep soon. Last night we went to sleep at 5am and up at 8...

Help from other countries is also coming..Hope they can help with the finding of more people.
But the Japanese teams are doing great work; they have a plan and they are sticking to it, but the tsunami has made things so much worse.

I worry about my friends who have kids especially. They are sleeping in shelters, cars...It must be awful. I wish they were nearer to us, so that we could help them.

We really cannot do anything here.

The shakes are less frequent, but, as one friend noted on facebook, they are happening on both the west and the east coats of Japan. He is worried that this will trigger the Philippine plates, which will in turn trigger another huge earthquake, this time in Tokyo.

I think we shouldn't worry - the media is making people hysterical. Too much of it is bad, I am a prime example of that, let alone my mother!

We are fine here, I just want this to end for us and for everyone. God bless Miyagi, Iwate and all its people.

No comments:

Post a Comment